So…What Is a CNC Machine Anyway?
Have you ever asked yourself, “What is a CNC machine and what exactly does it do?”
Well, a CNC Machine is a PC controlled manufacturing machine used in Aerospace, Automotive, Medical, Agriculture, Military and many more production metal cutting processes. CNC Machine is responsible for producing the majority of the worlds goods.
5 Fun Facts About CNC Machines
Here are 5 fun facts about CNC Machines to help you learn more about Modern Manufacturing.
- A CNC machine is a computer controlled machine that can cut, bend or shape material in the manufacturing process.
- The term “CNC” is an abbreviation for Computer Numeric Control.
- Computer Numerical Control operates tools paths to produce 3D part.
- Most CNC machines today are automated and can finish a product in one operation.
- The most common CNC machines are machining centers and turning centers.
The Most Popular Types of CNC Machines
- CNC Lathe or Turning Center
- CNC Mill or Machining Center
- CNC Swiss Machines
- CNC EDM
- CNC Water Jet
- CNC Laser
- CNC Plasma
- CNC Router
- CNC Tube Bender
- CNC Brake Press
- CNC Punch Press
- CNC Grinder
- 3D Printing
Top 10 Most Popular CNC Machine Brands
- Haas CNC Machine
- Mazak CNC Machine
- Doosan CNC Machine
- DMG Mori Seiki CNC Machine
- Okuma CNC Machine
- Fadal CNC Machine
- Samsung CNC Machine
- Star CNC Machine
- OKK CNC Machine
- Makino CNC Machine
Still want to know more about CNC machines and what jobs they are capable of performing? Check out the article on ShopBot to learn more about all the different types of CNC machines and how they are continuing to reshape the landscape of the manufacturing industry.