Showing all 2 results
Haas EC400 Inventory
Haas has been making the EC400 series since the early 2000’s. These are popular horizontal machining centers (HMC) with a number of high-productivity standard features. The EC-400 is a T-base HMC with a work cube of 20” x 20” x 20”, dual 15.8” pallets and a 1,000-pound load capacity. The standard version has an incremental (45 degree) indexing, a large volume coolant system, and triple-auger chip removal.
The inline, direct-drive motor is coupled with the spindle system and produces good surface finishes and thermal stability. You will find 40 taper, 8,000 rpm machines are powered by a 20 hp vector dual drive system and a 40 + 1 side-mount tool changer with 1,000 IPM on standard EC400 HMC’s.
The EC400PP model comes standard with 12,000 rpm spindles and a 70 +1 side-mount tool changer.
When selecting your Haas EC400, you’ll want to take into consideration both your current and future needs for size, speed, versatility, and precision. If you need to make more complex parts, the EC400PP might be a better option, since it comes with a larger side-mount tool changer and higher spindle speed maximum. Options found on the EC400 and EC400PP series often include:
- Additional Pallets
- WIPS Probe System
- Tool Setter
- Thru-spindle Coolant
- Rigid Tapping
- Upgraded Controllers
Inspecting a Haas EC400 or Haas EC400PP
- Listen to the sounds of the axis moving at different speeds
- Run the spindle at the max RPM.
- Look at the guards and sensors on the machine. If sensors, switches, wires, and hoses all match and look like they match well, that’s an indication of a well-maintained machine.
- Make parts on the machine if possible.
- Check the tool-changer or turret. See how well it changes tools at different areas of the tool changer
- Check the electrical cabinet for anything that looks like “not factory” and ask about it.
We are a trusted source of used Haas EC400 and EC400PP CNC’s and consistently take in used horizontal machining centers. CNCMachines.net carries other types of machining centers in a wide range of configurations.
All our CNC machines have been thoroughly checked and refurbished as necessary to ensure our customers are satisfied. We welcome you to call 844.262.6789 or visit and inspect one of our used horizontal machining centers for yourself.