Used Citizen Swiss Lathes
Showing all 4 results
Citizen L20 VII$59,900 See Details >
Citizen L32$49,900 See Details >
Citizen A16$99,000 See Details >
Citizen A16$99,000 See Details >
Used Citizen CNC’s For Sale
Looking for Used Citizen Swiss Lathes? Want to Learn More about the Types of Citizen Swiss Lathes that You Can Buy Used? You’ve Come to the Right Place!
No matter what type of used Citizen you are looking for, we have used citizen lathes for sale with the details you need to make informed decisions. All the used Citizen Swiss lathes for sale at CNCMachines.net have been thoroughly checked and can offer you the benefits of Citizen without the expense of buying new.
By offering you a quality Citizen Swiss lathe for sale, we provide access to equipment and technology to keep you competitive and producing parts at high levels of efficiency. We’re here if you want to sell a used CNC and replace it with a Citizen or if you want to add used Citizen lathes to increase production. We want to partner with you, so call us at 844.262.6789 and we’ll get started to find the best solutions for your shop.
Citizen makes sliding headstock type CNC automatic lathes, fixed headstock type CNC automatic lathes and multi-station machining cells. Keep reading to learn about selecting the perfect ones for your application. This page is intended to inform you about the company that makes the Citizen CNC’s, help you find local service, give you an overview of the products produced under the Citizen name and give you guidelines on how to shop for used Citizen lathes for sale.
Citizen Company & History
Citizen has its origin in watchmaking. Highly precise machine tools were needed to make the intricate parts of watches. It was founded in Tokyo in 1930 and begin selling machine tools in 1961. The first NC lathe was called a Cincom D16. Miyano Machinery became a subsidiary of Citizen Holding Co. in 2010. As of 2018, Citizen Machinery Co., LTD reported having 700 employees and 12 group companies, one of which is MARUBENI CITIZEN-CINCOM INC. Marubeni Citizen-Cincom is headquartered in New Jersey and supports both North and South American distributors. They support sales and service via a distributor network. For help or information used Citizen CNC lathes, you can fill out a support ticket with Marubeni Citizen-Cincom, or reach out to the nearest distributor.
Citizen Swiss Lathes by Series
When you are looking at used Citizen Swiss lathes for sale, you’ll need to define the size parts and complexity that you plan to make. If you’re inexperienced and need help, you can call one of our engineers at 844.262.6789, and they can help you decide on a good fit. That information will help you determine the number of turrets, spindles, axis and chuck size that is best for your application. Citizen has made numerous types of lathes over the years, with the current versions under the Cincom, Miyano and MC20 series names.
Cincom: Sliding Headstock Type CNC Automatic Lathes
- Citizen Cincom A20: 20mm Max Diameter, 200mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom A20: 20 mm Max Diameter, 165 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom A32: 32 mm Max Diameter, 320 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom B12: 12 mm Max Diameter, 135 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom B16: 16 mm Max Diameter, 135 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom C16: 16 mm Max Diameter, 200 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom C32: 32 mm Max Diameter, 320 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom D25: 25 mm Max Diameter, 250 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom K12: 12 mm Max Diameter, 200 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom K16: 16 mm Max Diameter, 200 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom M16: 16 mm Max Diameter, 200 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom M20: 20 mm Max Diameter, 320 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom M32: 32 mm Max Diameter, 320 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom L12: 12 mm Max Diameter, 135 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom L20: 20 mm Max Diameter, 200 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom L25: 25 mm Max Diameter, 250 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom L32: 32 mm Max Diameter, 320 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom R01: 1 mm Max Diameter, 20 mm Max Length
- Citizen Cincom R04: 4 mm Max Diameter, 40 mm Max Length
Miyano Fixed Headstock Type CNC Automatic Lathes
This series is a fixed-headstock machine designed with high-rigidity and multiple options for making parts from bars. The Citizen Miyano series is available in configurations including:
- 1 spindle and 1 turret
- 2 spindles and 1 turret
- 2 spindles and 2 turrets
- 2 spindles and 3 turrets
Found a Used Citizen Swiss Lathe for Sale that Looks Interesting?
Here’s what you can do before you see it.
- Be informed. When you are shopping for used Citizen lathes for sale, you’re going to need to do more research than when buying a new CNC. Start by making a list of your requirements. You should consider the:
- Types of materials you want to machine – Are the easy or hard to machine?
- Tolerances you need – Tight tolerances or not?
- Industries you’ll primarily be serving – How complex are the parts for this industry?
- Level of production you’ll be running – High volume light-out? Or short runs?
- Expertise you have available in your shop – Does anyone know the controls or have time to learn?
You may want to buy a similar CNC to a Citizen that you already have, or you may want to look for one that is newer, so you can begin to connect everything via ethernet or Wi-Fi to take advantage of software innovations.
- Ask for good photos. Zoom up in the photos and look for signs of damage and worn components.
- Speak with the Citizen distributor in the territory where that machine was (or is) operational. They may be familiar with the service provided on used Citizen lathes for sale in their own territory.
- Search similar Citizen Swiss lathes to see how pricing compares.
- Get the hours of operation.
- Ask for the maintenance records of the Citizen Swiss lathe for sale that you are considering. You need to know what been replaced and what might need to be replaced. Ask for as much documentation as the seller can provide. This will provide you with details for buying parts.
- Get a complete list of tooling and accessories being offered with this Citizen Swiss lathe. Does it come with a bar feeder?
How to Inspect a Citizen CNC On-Site
Once you’ve done your homework, and you think you’ve finally identified the perfect Citizen for your company, you may decide to buy it without looking at it, or you want to go the extra mile an inspect the machine for yourself. We require pre-inspection of all equipment by yourself or your representative before purchase. If you choose to buy it from CNCMachines.net, we can offer you options on how to ensure that the used CNC equipment you are buying meets your quality standards. Here are some inspection tips below.
How to Inspect a Used Citizen for Sale On-Site
- Inspect for damage and worn components. Carefully look all over the machine. There are enough used Citizen CNC’s available that you shouldn’t have to buy a machine with noticeable damage or signs of wear.
- Ask to operate the machine to see it run.
- Listen to the sounds of the axis moving at different speeds
- Run the spindle at the max RPM.
- Look at the guards and sensors on the machine. If sensors, switches, wires and hoses all match and look like they match well, that’s an indication of a well-maintained machine.
- Make parts on the machine if possible.
- Check the tool-changer or turret. See how well it changes tools at different areas of the tool changer
- Check the electrical cabinet for anything that looks like “not factory”. Make sure that you have documentation on any of those changes.
- If you are planning on buying this machine, take a photo of the serial number plate which contains valuable information. Ask the seller to make a backup of the controller program while you are there.
- Ask if the seller can provide the manuals that came with the machine.
- If possible, ask the owner why he’s selling the machine.
- Find out what process controller is on the machine. Have there been any upgrades?
- Review bar feeder options for CNC turning centers and pallet changes for mills.
- Review chip & coolant management options.
- Find out the electrical requirements for install.
- Discuss payment options. You may get a better deal with a cash down-payment.
- Buy from someone who has a good reputation.
We are a trusted source of used Citizen lathes for sale and consistently take in used Citizen CNC’s. CNCMachines.net carries other brands of CNC lathes in a wide range of configurations. All our CNC machines have been thoroughly checked and refurbished as necessary to ensure our customers are satisfied. We welcome you to call 844.262.6789 or visit and inspect one of our used Citizen CNC machines for yourself.